- expr - any expression (on which interior product operator is defined).
- v1, v2, ..., vn - vector fields.
- The main syntax is X where X is a vector and is a p-form.
- Let X be a vector and be n-form in some k-dimensional manifold then under definition: [X()]i1, i2, ..in-1=Xjj, i1, i2, ..in-1
- Multiple iota operator defined as follows: X1, X2, ..Xj()=X1(X2(..Xj()))
- It is well known that iota operator is anti-differentiation for p-forms. Thus if 1 is p-form then: X((1)(2))=(X(1)) (2)+(-1)p(1)(X(1))
- can be entered as \[Iota] or Esc i Esc.
Basic Examples (1)
It is obvious that (-1)(-1+p)q(2)(X(1))=(X(1))(2) (see Wedge).